Call today on 0845 450 0707 or email Nigel Power QC directly
direct access to an experienced criminal qc
Until recently you needed to instruct a solicitor to access Nigel Power QC’s service as a specialist criminal barrister. Those days have gone. Nigel has successfully completed the Bar Council’s training programme and is licensed to accept instructions directly from members of the public.
You can now come to him directly, cutting out unnecessary duplication and cost. If you have a criminal law problem of any kind, he will be able to provide advice and assistance and already has experience of acting in criminal cases on a directly instructed basis, both in an advisory capacity and in court.
This has a number of advantages to you:
- You will meet Nigel at a very early stage and we can work together to take the important decisions relating to strategy and tactics that may influence how your case will finally be determined.
- You will receive advice directly from him regarding the strength of the evidence in your case.
- Important decisions, which may have far-reaching consequences, can be taken together and at an early stage.
- You will have the added benefit of knowing from the outset that Nigel Power QC will be your barrister and that he will engage in negotiations and prepare appropriate documents for you.
- Your fees will be considerably less than if you instruct a solicitor as well, and will be transparent and always agreed in advance.
It may be that your case is not suitable for direct instruction, or that it becomes necessary to instruct a solicitor at a particular point or for a particular task. Should the instruction of a solicitor become necessary then you will be advised and together with his clerk, Nigel will be able to identify and instruct an appropriately expert firm. Nigel Power QC has recently advised in relation to the launching of criminal proceedings against a high profile sportsman and is giving ongoing advice in relation to an appeal against a murder conviction. For an example of a recent successful court case, see here.
The terms of instruction and fees will be clearly set out in a letter of appointment.
For further information about instructing Nigel directly please email him directly or call 0845 450 0707 and ask to speak to John Killgallon, Nigel’s Practice Director. You will be able to discuss the facts of your case and find out what fees may be charged and when.
Details of the Bar Council’s guidance on how the scheme works can be found here.
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LEADING LEGAL DIRECTORIES:
"Knowledgeable across the full spectrum of criminal law, Nigel Power QC exhibits notable strength in homicide cases, as well as large-scale fraud and criminal confiscations." (CHAMBERS 2017)
"IMPRESSIVE TECHNICAL ABILITY" (LEGAL 500 2016)
"HE'S AN EXCELLENT BARRISTER; HE'S MASSIVELY EXPERIENCED AND ALSO THOROUGHLY LIKEABLE, WHICH IS IMPORTANT TO MAKING CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS WORK." (CHAMBERS 2016)